Integrated Marketing Communications, Master of Arts
West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
Media and Communications, Master of Science
Norfolk State University, Norfolk, Virginia
Journalism, Bachelor of Arts
Norfolk State University, Norfolk, Virginia
Chief Communications Officer June 2022 – Present
Hampton Roads Transit, Inc., Norfolk, VA
- Serve as the chief communications strategist for the agency on all enterprise projects.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson, building relationships with and responding to media inquiries to improve the agency’s reputation.
- Oversee communications, marketing, government affairs, community engagement and business development activities.
Marketing Director July 2015 – June 2022
Anthem, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA
- Develop strategies for omni-channel marketing campaigns that drive gap in care closures and help Anthem meet STARS and HEDIS ratings.
- Developing project briefs to educate leadership regarding the intent and goal of the strategy, and creative briefs to provide direction and guidance for creative teams.
- Assist with development of campaign creative, providing feedback to ensure cohesion among the various components.
- Measure the effectiveness of the campaigns and make necessary tweaks to ensure optimal performance.
- Research and pilot new and innovative ways to reach members with messaging and inspire behavior change.
Served as marketing coordinator (2015), marketing project manager (2016), marketing manager (2018) and marketing director (2022).
Brand Manager October 2012 – July 2015
Dominion Enterprises, Norfolk, Virginia
- Develop marketing strategies that strengthen the online presence of construction equipment and commercial truck manufacturer clients.
- Execute digital marketing campaigns using social media and search engine marketing (SEM/paid search).
- Oversee the development of dealer websites to ensure brand standards are met and calls to action align with manufacturer goals.
- Use data and trends to identify areas of opportunity for the business as well as our clients.
- Manage company’s social media page.
Senior Communications Specialist June 2010 – October 2012
Hampton Roads Transit, Norfolk, Virginia
- Develop agency’s media relations and external communications strategies, and draft related plans, press releases and media advisories.
- Develop agency’s internal communications strategy and write and design associated materials, including a bi-weekly newsletter.
- Write and oversee design of customer-facing materials, such as brochures, fliers and rack cards, as well as the agency’s public website.
- Plan and execute agency events, including press conferences, ribbon cuttings and other special events such as focus groups and public engagement activities.
- Develop, execute and manage agency’s social media strategy.
Served as communications specialist (2007) and senior communications specialist (2010).
Promotions Coordinator June 2006 – October 2007
WAVY-TV/WVBT-TV, Portsmouth, Virginia
Develop and maintain the station’s Speaker’s Bureau and report on bureau activities. Write and send press releases and media advisories. Write articles for the station’s internal newsletter. Assist with coordinating station-sponsored events. Plan and execute station projects. Conduct station tours. Produce station promos, a process that includes script writing, directing film shoot, editing video and placing them on the program log for maximum visibility.
Marketing Consultant January 2015 – March 2018
Coastal 1 Dry Cleaners, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Develop and execute marketing initiatives designed to attract new and repeat customers. Manage website content and company blog. Create and execute email marketing campaigns. Manage social media pages and associated advertising campaigns. Manage Google AdWords search engine marketing campaigns.
Volunteer Public Relations & Marketing Mentor July 2010 – December 2010
The Consortium for Infant and Child Health/PRSA, Norfolk, Virginia
Analyze data and work with CINCH staff to identify areas of opportunity. Develop strategies and tactics to assist CINCH in increasing brand awareness and establish and manage positive community reputation. Develop full-range marketing and communications plan for 2011.
Public Relations Society of America
Women in Transit / Women’s Transportation Seminar
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Top Forty Under 40, Inside Business, October 2022
You must be logged in to post a comment.